Tuesday, April 12th: Science
1. 30 minutes to prepare for Prezi presentations
2. Presentations today.
Wednesday, April 13th: Math
1. 4-5, 4-6 Quiz
2. Scholastic in the News Question
HOMEWORK: 4-8 SG and I, Skills Practice; page 244 #20-25; SG and Review 1-4 questions in each section-Due Friday
Thursday, April 14th: Science
1. Bill Nye- Planets; take notes
2. Solar System Distance Project: page 726; *make sure that the planets are the appropriate size too.
Friday, April 15th: Math
1. Chapter 5 Practice Test- BINGO pg 251 #1-30
HOMEWORK : Study for Chapter 5 test on Monday
Monday, April 4: Math
1. Scholastic Math in the News - Due Today
2.Go over answers on 4-5 quiz and 4-5 SG and I.
3. Take notes on 4-6
HOMEWORK: 4-6 Study Guide and Intervention- Due Wednesday
Tuesday, April 5th: Science
We will have an extra long class from 9:45am-noon and 12:30-1:15pm
1. Share infographics
2. Check in on moon journals
3. Learn more about the moon: pg 678-686 #1-5 and pg 688-691 #1-5. (Work with a partner)
4. 11:15am: Go to Mrs. Wurst room to do a moon phases activity.
5. 12:30-1:15pm: Study Hall
6. 1:00 help clean room and water plants before going to art
Wednesday, April 6th: Math
1. Any questions on 4-6 SG and I.
2. BINGO game
HOMEWORK: Maintain your skills: pg 231 #56-70 all; Practice Quiz pg 231 #1-10, Maintain your skills pg 238 #61-80; 4-5, 4-6 Quiz on Wednesday. Due Wednesday.
Thursday, April 7th: Science
1. Earth and moon quiz
HOMEWORK: Prepare a prezi presentation in a group about moon and moon phases.
The following things need to be included in your presentation: rotation and revolution of the earth and moon, phases of the moon, what causes phases of the moon, when is the moon visible, waxing, waning, solar and lunar eclipses, missions to the moon and what we have discovered on the moon, and some type of assessment for the class: quiz questions, mini game show, worksheet, notes, ect.
Presentation will be on Tuesday. (You will have 30 minutes to prep for your presentation on Tuesday.)
Friday, April 8th: Math: No Class
Tuesday, March 29th: Science
1. We will talk about what we know about the earth, moon, sun and solar system by answers a few questions below. On a separate piece of paper, write down your answers to each question. You can title it "Uncovering Student's Ideas in Astronomy." There are 3 questions below.
2. Go to Wired Magazine and find an article that interests you that is related to space. Summarize the article on a separate piece of paper to turn in. Due today.
Wednesday, March 30th: Math
1. Scholastic Math in the News
2.4-5 Study Guide and Intervention and Skills and Practice. Due Friday
3. 4-5 Maintain your Skills BINGO Game! (pg 223 #61-84)
Thursday, March 31st: Science
1. Today you learn about why we have seasons. The outcome of today is that you will have enough information to make an infograph using piktochart.com or easel.ly.
2. TedEd- Harvard Graduates Explain Seasons video.
3. We will model the sun and earth together.
4. Read pages 672-677 in Earth Science. I highly encourage you to do "Section 1 Assessment" questions that will help with your infographic.
5. Go to this PBS Why do we have seasons? and click on "Launch." Take notes on this interactive for your infographic.
HOMEWORK: Make an infographic about seasons with piktochart.com or easel.ly. Be ready to present it to the class. Due Tuesday. Start "Moon Journal"- sketch a picture, time of day/night, and write an observation on the moon every night!
Friday, April 1st: Math
-Pop Quiz on 5-4
-Correct 5-4 study guide and intervention
Monday, March 7th:
Math: HOMEWORK: Work on Road Trip Project and Presentations- DUE THURSDAY
Tuesday, March 8th:
Science: Work on Mapping the Sea Floor Project -NO HOMEWORK
Wednesday, March 9th:
Math: Warm-up: Scoping out the skies; Work on Road Trip Project and Presentation- DUE TOMORROW
Thursday, March 10th:
Math: Road Trip Project and Presentations today! NO HOMEWORK
Friday, March 11th:
Science: Start Mapping the Ocean Floor-Loihi Project; NO HOMEWORK
Monday, March 14th:
Science: Continue working on Loihi Project; NO HOMEWORK
Tuesday, March 15th
Science: Finish Loihi; TBA
Wednesday, March 16th- 11:00 am dismissal
Leap Year Explained
HOMEWORK: 4-5 continued pg 222 #46-60 all, Maintain Skils #61-84- Due Wednesday
Mapping Seafloor Project
Warm up: Top Mathlete Worksheet-Due today
Work on Travel Math Project
Thursday: Going to the MACC
Warm-up: We love Emoji's Worksheet- Due Today
Work on Travel Math Project
Monday: NO SCHOOL-President's Day
1. Underwater Exploration Tools worksheet and presentations
2. We will start "Mapping the Seafloor Project"
1. Quiz 4-1 to 4-3
HOMEWORK: 4-4 continued pg 215 #40-48 all, 56-76 all Due Friday
Mapping Ocean Floor Project
Study for your midterm: (know these topics)
-ordered pairs , quadrants
-solve for a variable
-solve equations for given domains
HOMEWORK: Study for Chapter 4 midterm on Monday
HOMEWORK: Mixed Review: pg 211 #57-80; Practice Quiz 1 #1-10 all- Due Wednesday; Quiz 4-1 to 4-3 on Wednesday
Ultimate Wave: Tahiti Video and worksheet
1. Quiz 4-1 to 4-3
HOMEWORK: 4-4 pg 214 #1-13 all; 5-39 odd Due next Wednesday
1. Oceanography unit: page 556- 'Mapping Ocean Floor Activity'. Then answer #1-2after reading the section below.
2. Read page 548-555. Please do the foldable on page 549 and 'Section 1 Assessment' page 555 #1-7
Friday: No class
HOMEWORK: 4-3 pg 208 #5-25 odd- Due Wednesday
1. Ultimate Wave link:"Coral Reefs" -page 16-17, "Principles of Surfing"- page 19 and "Ancient Mariners" - pg 21-22
2. Are you ready for Spirit day? Work on math homework, other homework
HOMEWORK: 4-3 pg 209 #27-37 odd #38-47 all- Due Monday
Thursday: Spirit Day- 11 am dismissal
Friday: NO SCHOOL
Warm-up: pg 196 #52,56,60,63,66,67,69
Homework: 4-2 Skills Practice and Practice Due Wednesday
Tuesday: No class
Homework: 4-2 pg 200 #11-37 odd Due Friday; 4-1 4-2 Quiz on Friday
1. NPR: Studying and Surfing The Ocean's Monster Waves
2. Using Science to Surf Better, Science of the Surf Ep 1: Where do Waves Come From, Science of the Surf Ep 2: Waves, Science of the Surf Ep 3: How Tides Work and Wave Simulator
3. Wave Properties Quiz
2. Ultimate Wave: Page 9 -Ocean Waves Student Inquiry Guide (use the diagrams) and page 13- Tahitian Hot spot (Read through page 10-11 first and take notes) This should all be done on a separate piece of paper.
Homework: pg 203 #47-59 all Due Monday