1.Warm up: pg 159 #40-53 all (work with a partner)
2. Review Chapter 3 midterm
Homework: pg 158 #1-39 odd 55-58 all Due Wednesday
1. Research a "Weather Folklore" below and find out it's origin. What is a better way of tracking weather?
A Sample of Weather Folklore
◦ Red sky at night, sailors delight. Red sky in the morning, sailors take warning.
◦ The louder the frog, the more the rain.
◦ A sunny shower won't last an hour.
◦ When doors and windows stick, it will probably rain.
◦ A wind from the south has rain in its mouth.
◦ Haloes around the sun or moon indicate a rain or snow real soon.
◦ When a cow endeavors to scratch his ear, it means a rain shower is very near. When he thumps his ribs with an angry tail, look out for thunder, lightning and hail.
◦ Crickets are accurate thermometers; they chirp faster when warm and slower when cold.
◦ High clouds indicate fine weather will prevail; lower clouds mean rain.
◦ When clouds look like rocks and towers, the Earth will be refreshed by showers.
2. Research different El Nino news articles or videos. Research both Hawaii and world related.
3. Make a K W L chart with the class.
Homework: El Nino News Article: Find a news article from within 31 days about El Nino. (The more local, the better.) Then write a one paragraph summary and cite the article. Share with a family member and make sure that they sign it.
Due next Tuesday
1. Scholastic Rates and Ratio assignment. Please do on a separate piece of paper to turn in.
Homework: 3-6 Study Guide and Intervention Due Friday
Thursday: At Lahainaluna High School
Warm-up: pg 164 #53-65 odd
Homework: 3-7 pg 162 #1-51 odd; practice quiz #1-10 all Due Monday
Warm-up: Study for 10 minutes for quiz
3-3 to 3-5 Quiz
Homework: Study for Mid Chapter Test on Wednesday.
1. Bernoulli's paper airplane contest
2. Bernoulli's paper airplane conclusion assignment: 1. What did you learn from this assignment? 2. Did you get the results you expected with your airplane? Why or why not? 3. If you could redesign, what would you have changed and why? Due today
3. Left over time: garden
Wednesday-Math 11 am dismissal
1. Mid Chapter Test
2.Make 'thankful cards' for staff and family
No school- Thursday and Friday
Math: Work in garden! We have lots of work to do.
Science: 1. Share watershed flyers
2. Do Wednesday's math since you will be at Seabury tomorrow.
3. Work in garden!
1.Warm up: 5-10 minutes of Khan Academy
2. 3-4 SG and Intervention Due Friday
3. Khan Academy: Watch the video: " Intro to equations with variables on both sides." Then do the practice problems called, "Equations with variables on both sides
4. Homework: 3-5 pg 151 #1-47 odd Due Friday
1. Bernoulli's paper airplane contest Paper airplane world championship and How do Airplanes fly?
We are looking for longest airtime and longest distance.
2. Garden time
Warm-up: Watch Khan Academy: "how to solve variables on each side (example)" and "A clever approach:
Homework: 3-5 Study Guide and Intervention Due Monday; Quiz 3-3 to 3-5 on Monday
Requirements for 5 points EXTRA CREDIT in math or science:
-email Ms. Molina: email@example.com
-state whether you want extra credit in math or science.
-type up a short statement about what you did or learned (this will be used on the website)
-attach a picture of your experience (this will be used on the website too)
DUE TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 17th
I am expecting your best work! Please google images of other professional brochures and flyers to get an idea of what I am expecting. HAVE FUN WITH IT! (open up the document below for the assignment)
1. Correct 3-3 SG and Intervention
2. Warm-up: 3-1 to 3-3 space race
3. 3-1 to 3-3 Quiz
Guest speaker from West Maui Mountains Watershed Partnership
Homework: Make 'thank you' card for our speaker Due Thursday
Wednesday: Veteran's Day NO SCHOOL
1. St. Anthony Speaker: 9:45-10:30 am
2. Garden post
3. Work in garden
1.Warm-up: pg 148 #65-83 odd
2. Review Quiz 3-1 to 3-3
Homework: 3-4 pg 142 #1-57 odd Due Monday
Warm-up: pg. 134 #82-89 all
Homework: 3-2 pg 131 #1-67 odd Due Wednesday
-Bernoulli's Principle drawings and article. The article is at the bottom of this post.
-WaterStory worksheet- Due today in class. We will have a guest speaker from West Maui Watershed next Tuesday in class.
-If we have time, we will go to the garden.
-Warm-up: pg. 140 #54-66 all
-3-2 Study Guide And Intervention -Due in class
Homework: 3-3 pg 138 #1-53 odd Due Friday
Thursday- Sailing at the Yatch Club; No Class
-Warm-up: pg 140 #67-70 all and Practice Quiz 1
-Create a question and answer from 3-1 to 3-3. Due in class today
-Homework: 3-3 Study Guide and Intervention and 3-1 to 3-3 Quiz on Monday