Monday, May 2nd: Math
1. Review 5-3 Skills practice
HOMEWORK: 5-4 SG and I -Due Wednesday
Tuesday, May 3rd: Science
1. See links from last Thursday.
HOMEWORK: Build Rockets- Due Thursday
Wednesday, May 4th: Math
1. Design a 5 problem quiz on 5-3 and 5-4. Please make sure you have a very clear and correct answer key.
2. You will take another groups quiz for your last quiz grade. Score each others work.
Thursday, May 5th: Science
1. Finish rockets
2. learn how to collect data
3. launch rockets!
Friday, May 6th: May Day- 11 am dismissal
Monday, April 25th: NO SCHOOL
Tuesday, April 26th: NO CLASS
Wednesday, April 27th: Science
1. Space group presentations
2. Ted-Ed: Newtons Three Laws, NASA Bottle parts animation
3. Build Rocket
HOMEWORK: Your rocket and blue print is due on TUESDAY. Your blue print must contain: your rockets name, clearly labeled parts and why you designed them (with a connection to Newton's 3 laws), and must be in color.
Thursday, April 28th: Science
1. Build Rockets
2. Read Hokulea: Physics of Raising the Mast
HOMEWORK: Same as yesterday
Friday, April 29th: NO CLASS- Ulalena
Monday, April 18th: Math
Chapter 4 Test
Tuesday, April 19th: Science:
Solar System Sidewalk activity: Build a Solar System Model
HOMEWORK: 2 liter bottles and other supplies for next week
Wednesday, April 20th: Math
1. Review Chapter 4 test
2. 5-1 reading to learn, 5-1 enrichment
HOMEWORK: 5-1 Study Guide and Skills Practice-Due Friday
Thursday, April 21st: Science
1. Prepare a group presentation on a planet or any space topic of interest. You will receive extra credit for using a new type of technology for your presentation. Don't forget to have some type of assessment but you only need about 2-4 questions. Due Wednesday
Space topics- The Planetary Society
Exploration/Astronomy for middle school
For Students: NASA
Friday, April 22nd: Math
Chapter 5-1 and 5-2 Quiz. (This will NOT be a quiz grade)
Slope-Intercept Form Video
HOMEWORK: 5-3 Skill Practice worksheet- Due Monday, May 2nd
Tuesday, April 12th: Science
1. 30 minutes to prepare for Prezi presentations
2. Presentations today.
Wednesday, April 13th: Math
1. 4-5, 4-6 Quiz
2. Scholastic in the News Question
HOMEWORK: 4-8 SG and I, Skills Practice; page 244 #20-25; SG and Review 1-4 questions in each section-Due Friday
Thursday, April 14th: Science
1. Bill Nye- Planets; take notes
2. Solar System Distance Project: page 726; *make sure that the planets are the appropriate size too.
Friday, April 15th: Math
1. Chapter 5 Practice Test- BINGO pg 251 #1-30
HOMEWORK : Study for Chapter 5 test on Monday
Monday, April 4: Math
1. Scholastic Math in the News - Due Today
2.Go over answers on 4-5 quiz and 4-5 SG and I.
3. Take notes on 4-6
HOMEWORK: 4-6 Study Guide and Intervention- Due Wednesday
Tuesday, April 5th: Science
We will have an extra long class from 9:45am-noon and 12:30-1:15pm
1. Share infographics
2. Check in on moon journals
3. Learn more about the moon: pg 678-686 #1-5 and pg 688-691 #1-5. (Work with a partner)
4. 11:15am: Go to Mrs. Wurst room to do a moon phases activity.
5. 12:30-1:15pm: Study Hall
6. 1:00 help clean room and water plants before going to art
Wednesday, April 6th: Math
1. Any questions on 4-6 SG and I.
2. BINGO game
HOMEWORK: Maintain your skills: pg 231 #56-70 all; Practice Quiz pg 231 #1-10, Maintain your skills pg 238 #61-80; 4-5, 4-6 Quiz on Wednesday. Due Wednesday.
Thursday, April 7th: Science
1. Earth and moon quiz
HOMEWORK: Prepare a prezi presentation in a group about moon and moon phases.
The following things need to be included in your presentation: rotation and revolution of the earth and moon, phases of the moon, what causes phases of the moon, when is the moon visible, waxing, waning, solar and lunar eclipses, missions to the moon and what we have discovered on the moon, and some type of assessment for the class: quiz questions, mini game show, worksheet, notes, ect.
Presentation will be on Tuesday. (You will have 30 minutes to prep for your presentation on Tuesday.)
Friday, April 8th: Math: No Class