Monday, May 9th
9:45-10:30 am: Greek and Latin
1. As a class, correct Unit 20 in your Greek and Latin book. Please write how many correct out of 36 and write that score on your 'Unit 17-20 Crossword Test' on the upper right hand corner, underneath your name. Two students will be chosen by Mrs. Themes to lead the corrections in the workbook.)
2. Unit 17-20 Crossword Test. GOOD LUCK! (Before turning in your test, please double check that your workbook score is on your test.)
NO HOMEWORK: We are finished with our greek and latin books! If you don't want your book, please give them to Mrs. Themes and Ms. Molina will recycle them for you. :)
11:15am -12:00 pm: May Day Thank you Cards
1. You will be making at least TWO thank you cards. Please make sure the card is creative, colorful, the words are thoughtful and you signed your name.
You can choose the following people to make a card for:
Mrs. Chadli- ti leaf haku lei for boys
Mrs. Pacleb- helped cut and iron fabric for pau skirts/tops and kihei's
Mrs. Pedroza- helped sew ALL pau skirts/tops and kihei's
(Did I forget anyone?)
2. If you finish early, you can make a name tag for pew for 8th grade graduation. This will be for an 8th grade student. This should be your very best work and Mrs. Themes has an example of what the name tags will look like for each student. You may draw by hand or create something on your iPad to print out. Please let Mrs. Themes know which 8th grade student you are making the name tag for.
HOMEWORK: Thank you cards are due Tuesday
Waihee Final Project Presentations Work Time: Please refer to last week's blog for the requirements for this presentation. I am excepting your best work.
Homework: Waihee Final Project Presentations will be on this Thursday.
2:00-2:15pm- classroom jobs and dismissal
Tuesday, May 10th
9:45am- 12:00 pm: Math
1. Chapter 7 Math Presentations: A group will be assigned a section in your math book in Chapter 7 to create a 5 minute lesson to present to the class. The class will be taking notes on the presentations that you will be able to use on a test/quiz. Please use your book, khan academy and any other resources you might need. (All of these sections are a review from 6th grade math.) You will be given about 30 minutes to prepare for your mini lesson.
Your mini lesson presentation must include:
1. Title of your section
2. At least two examples to show the class
3. At least two problems that the class has to solve to show that they learned your lesson.
Here are the following sections that Mrs. Theme's will assign to table groups (one table group will be split up since there are only 4 sections): 7.1 , 7.2, 7.3, and 7.4.
2. Chapter 7 math presentations
3. Chapter 7 Mid Chapter Test (Please use your notes that you took during the presentation.)
12:30-1:15pm- Ukulele class
1. Work and finish up on your Waihee presentations. This is the last class time session you will get to work on it.
HOMEWORK: Waihee Final Project Presentations - Due Thursday
2:00-2:15pm- classroom jobs and dismissal
Wednesday, May 11th
9:45-11:15 am: Math
1. Review Mid Chapter 7 Test as a class.
2. Chapter 7 Jigsaw: You will be assigned one of the following sections: 7.5, 7.6, 7.7, 7.8 or 7.9. Then you will come up with a short presentation (like yesterday) to teach to a small group of students. Don't forget to have a few sample and practice problems. You will get about 20 minutes to prepare for your section presentation.
3. Then you will be broken up into small groups that have one person from each section. In those groups, have each person explain their section while everyone else takes notes. Again, these notes can be used on quiz/tests in the future.
1. Two Lahainaluna students will come into class to give a presentation on "Communicable Disease Presentation." Please be on your best behavior and take notes during the presentation. If they have you doing an activity and notes can't be taken, that is fine.
2. After the presentations, please do classroom jobs and pack up before lunch.
Thursday, May 12th
9:45-12pm: Science and Math
1. Waihee Final Project Presentations. You will be taking notes on one positive and one improvement for each group.
HOMEWORK: Can anyone come to NOAA in Kihei next Tuesday, May 17th from 5:30-6:30? I need a note from parents saying that they can take you. 5 points extra credit in math or science.
2. Finish name tags for 8th graders for the pews for graduation
3. Math BINGO: Chapter 7
HOMEWORK- Chapter 7 Test TOMORROW. Please make sure you have all of your Chapter 7 notes.
1:15-2:00pm- Brain Games: Test your Brain-Episode 1- Pay Attention
Friday, May 13th
1. Chapter 7 Assessment to STUDY: pg 358-359 all numbers
2. Chapter 7 Test Form B
Launch rockets with 8th grade?, Talent Show?, BBC Planet Earth Fresh Water? TBA