Math: We will play a review game on pg 47 in class.
pg 46 chapter assessment. All questions.
Quiz 1.8 tomorrow in class
1. pg 38-45 in life science book-add to your "Inside a Cell" worksheet
2. Make observations on your "diffusion in a baggie." Worksheet due Friday.
1. Finish "Inside a Cell" worksheet
2. Finish "Diffusion in a Bag" worksheet
3. Study for "Diffusion/Osmosis, Cell organelle Quiz"
ALL DUE ON FRIDAY
Quiz 1.6 in class
same homework as yesterday- Due Monday
We will be learning about plant and animal cells.
1. Review: Iso, hypo, hyper- tonic website
2. Watch "The Cell- Youtube video"
3. Look at sample of plants to look under a microscope
4. Watch "Microscopic View of Plant cell" and a few videos from "animal cells under a microscope"
1. Read A9-A13- Investigation 1 Wrap-up #1-4
2. Fill out the "Cell Organelles" Worksheet below using this website: Inside a cell
Diffusion and Osmosis Lab and week long egg demonstration
Videos we watched in class:
Osmosis Rap Video
Osmosis Love story
Ms. Molina also started the demonstration: Observing Osmosis in an egg
Homework: Read pg. 74-79 in the Glencoe Life Science book. Then complete the questions #1-5 in the Section 2 review
Due tomorrow. (Title of assignment: Life Science Section 2 Review)
1.8 pg 40 #1-19 odd AND pg 43 #1-41 odd
Quiz 1.8 will be on Wednesday
1.Pass back midterms
2. Corrections on midterm- Due today
3. Study Greek and Latin
4. Lesson 1.7: pg 34 #1-31 odd; spiral review, EXTRA CREDIT: Where the buffalos roam; 1.7 cumulative review DUE MONDAY, AUG. 31st
You will have time tomorrow in math class to work on homework.
Quiz 1.6 is on Friday!
Lesson 1.6: pg. 28 #1-17 ALL
Quiz 1.6 next class
Due Thursday, Aug. 27th
Before you read any further, please check the date above to make sure you are on the correct blog post.
1. In class, we read pages A16-A19 in the "Discovery Works" book. Please answer questions #1-4 under the "Investigation 2 Wrap Up" on a separate piece of paper.
2. Watch the following youtube video link to learn more about diffusion and osmosis: Diffusion and Osmosis: Khan Academy. This might help you answer some questions below so read the questions below so you will know when to pause the video.
3. Next, you will answer the questions below on a separate piece of paper titled "Pre-Lab Questions for Diffusion in a Baggie Lab." Some of these answers can be found in the "Discovery Works" reading we did in class today and some of the answers you will have to research.
Pre-Lab Questions for Diffusion in a Baggie Lab
1. Define diffusion.
2. Define osmosis
3. What is the main difference between osmosis and diffusion?
4. What does permeable mean?
5. What does selectively permeable mean?
6. Define the words: hypertonic, hypotonic, isotonic. You use drawings and diagrams.
All science homework is due on FRIDAY, AUGUST 28th
Today we took Chapter 1 Midterm. No homework!
Lab 1.5-pg 21
Lesson 1.5: page 24 #1-47 odd, 1.5 Review, 1.5 cumulative review
Study for Chapter 1 Midterm on Tuesday
Finish "Is Yeast Alive? Lab"
The procedures and worksheet is attached in a Word Doc.
ABSENT: Please answer questions #1-3 on the "Is Yeast Alive? Worksheet."
Then watch this short youtube video by clicking the link: Yeast Alive! American Scientific
Lastly, answer the "Homework: Conclusion" on the "Is Yeast Alive? Worksheet."