Math: Uncle Wilmont will be here to teach Hawaiian Studies
1. Making of a Theory Video (see worksheets below) You will watch the video with a partner. One partner will be assigned to "After watching the film worksheet" and the other will be assigned to "Making of a theory film guide." Then you will swap answers in the end and help teach what you learned to your partner. Then together finish the back of " Making of a theory film guide."
2. Wallace Line Theory worksheet. Due today in class. (see attachments below)
HOMEWORK: "After watching the film worksheet" and "Making of a theory film guide.- Due Wednesday
Math: Prepare cheer for spirit day and make 8th grade awards
Science: St. Valentine's Day Bulletin Board
Math: Finish up 8th grade awards
Thursday: Spirit Day 11 am dismissal
Friday: NO SCHOOL
Math: Take Midterm in class. NO HOMEWORK
1. Review Rock Pocket Mouse Lab and Got Lactase? Lab.
2. Rock Pocket Mouse and Got Lactase? Quiz in class.
3. Dog Decoded video with worksheet
Science (No class with Ms. Enriquez)
1. Finish 'Dogs Decoded'
2. Stickleback Fish Video and Lab
Homework: Stickleback Fish Virtual lab link. Please answers the questions on the worksheet. Click "Start Virtual Lab"
Math: Review Midterm; After the midterm, try this link: Khan Academy- Linear equations with variables on both sides
Homework: 3-5 Study Guide and Intervention pg. 161 Due Wednesday
Study Hall: Study Greek and Latin; iPad, desk, locker, backpack check.
Math: Homework: 3-5 Study Guide and Intervention pg 162 Due Thursday
Math: UNCLE WILMONT is having Hawaiian Studies
Greek and Latin: Unit 13 workbook and test; NO NEW GREEK AND LATIN UNIT!
Decorate our door for Catholic School's week!
Math: Homework: 4.5 pg 180 #3-23 all Due Monday
12:30-1:15pm- Uncle Wilmont and Hawaiian Studies
1:30-2:15pm Ms. Molina's birthday celebration. Feel free to bring snacks. We will work on Spirit Day cheers for our teams outside!
Monday: No School- MLK Jr. Day
Math: Hawaiian Studies with Uncle Wilmont
1. Use this time to study for Unit 12 Greek and Latin test or workbook.
1. Quiz 4.4
2. After the test, start homework
Homework: pg 176 #1-19all; Midterm tomorrow!
2. After the test, try out this link: Khan Academy: Linear Equations with variables on both sides
Greek and Latin:
Correct Unit 12 workbook and take test.
HOMEWORK: Unit 13 workbook and test-Due Thursday, Jan. 28th
Friday: Jog a Thon- 11 am dismissal
Math: 1. Questions on 2 step equation worksheet, then turn in.
2. 2 step equation quiz- postponed until tomorrow
3. When you finish with your quiz, please study Unit 11: Greek and Latin
1. Share animal adaptation posters
2. Rock Pocket Mouse Video and worksheet. Please use hands out in the attachment below.
HOMEWORK: Finish Rock Pocket Mouse Lab- Due Tuesday
Math: 2 step equation quiz- at the start of class!
HOMEWORK: 4.3 pg 170 #1-31 all- Due Wednesday
1. Review Rock Pocket Mouse Lab
2. Garden: we will plant seedlings.
(Ms. Enriquez is going on a field trip with 8th graders.)
Math: 1. Warm-up on the board
HOMEWORK: 4.4 pg 174 #1-29 all-Due Thursday; Quiz 4.4-Thursday
Math: 1. Quiz 4.4- postponed to next Tuesday
2. Study Greek and Latin
Greek and Latin:
1. Correct Unit 11 workbooks.
2. Test for unit 11
HOMEWORK: Unit 12 workbook and test- Due Thursday, January 21st
Math: Volleyball Tournament
1. Got Lactase Video and worksheet (see attachment below)
HOMEWORK: Finish "Got Lactase" Worksheet. Due Tuesday
IXL: Solve two-step equations. Please do all 20 questions and show your work on a piece of paper. Due Wednesday.
Science: Reviewed rules with memes and decorated a bell for bulletin board.
1. Take notes using Solving two-step equations website. (You will use this on your quiz. Put it into your own words)
2.Warm-up: on the whiteboard
3. Quiz 4.2 (this will be a classwork grade and not a quiz grade)
1. Warm-up: on whiteboard
2. Review quiz
3. Written assignment: Explain how to solve any two step problem from 4.2 (in your book) in your own words. Feel free to use the notes that we took in class yesterday.
4. When you are finished, switch papers with a partner and they are going to try to follow your steps to get your answer.
NO ART CLASS, we will do this instead:
1. Kid President AWESOME Year Challenge and Why should we have New Years Resolutions?
2. Please see attachment below this post for "Questions to Reflect on in 2015."
3. New Years Resolutions Posters- Due Today
Greek and Latin: Unit 11 workbook and notecards (Test NEXT Thursday)
Math: more 2 step equation practice
Homework: Study for a "2 Step Equation Quiz" on Monday
1. Hawaii animal adaptations: happy face spider and Hawaiian honeycreepers
2. How Animals Adapt For your notes, create a table with 3 columns: animal, adaptation, why. For each animal in the video, fill out the table.
3. BBC Nature: Adaptations Use this website to learn about different adaptations of animals. Then pick one animal that was interesting to you and create an animal adaptation poster on it. It must include a picture of the animal with the adaptation, 3 facts about the animal, the animals adaptation and why it has it. Click here for an example.
Be prepared to share your poster in class. Due Monday, Jan. 11th