1. Review "Changes of State Final test.
2. We will learn about Protons, Neutrons and Electrons <-- this is the link to animations.
3. We will fill out the Protons, Neutrons and Electrons worksheet in class.
Homework: Read Atoms are Building Blocks article and take notes on the back of worksheet we did in class today. Due Wednesday.
1. Warm-up: 10 minutes of Khan Academy or IXL
2. Check Lesson 24 answers
3. Start homework
4. L 21-25 Space races
Homework: Lesson 25 a-i, #1-30 Due Thursday; Lesson 21-25 Test on Thursday
1. We will review what we learn from the article we read for homework.
2. Finish "Protons, Electrons, Neutrons" worksheet. What happens when we run a balloon on hair/clothes?
Bill nye video- electron, neutrons, protons
Just how small is an atom?
The science of static electricity
Static Electricity Interactive
The Elements by Tom Lehrer with animation by Mike Stanfill
Meet the Elements by They Might be Giants
3. We will learn about The Periodic Table (animation link) and fill out a worksheet.
HOMEWORK: Element Homework: Research 3 items that you use daily. Find out what elements those items are made up of. DUE FRIDAY
1. Warm-up: 10 minutes to study for test
2. Take Lesson 21-25 test
3. Review answers to test
4. Khan Academy: Watch video: 'Equivalent Fraction Models' then do practice set
Homework: Lesson 26 a-i, #1-30 Due Tuesday
Friday: Math and Science
Math: Fraction Worksheets Do Riddles 7,9,10,17, and 18
Science: Periodic Table and Energy level models (animations link) (
Homework: We will have a quiz on Monday after we make element posters
1. Melting worksheet
Homework: Study for your quiz on Wednesday. It will cover conduction, evaporation, condensation, freezing and melting.
Links to use for studying:
Heat, temperature, and conduction
1.Warm-up: Khan Academy for 5-10 minutes
2. Lesson 21-23 Quiz
3. Review answers.
HOMEWORK: Lesson 24 a-g #1-30 EF Due next Tuesday
1. Science Quiz
2. Make "Thankful cards" for staff and family
No School- Thursday and Friday
1. Review #8,9,10 on Condensation Worksheet
2. Work in the garden! We have lots to do, be ready to help!
Warm-up: Khan Academy- 'Basic Rate Problems' and 'Ratio Word Problems'
1. Lesson 23 a-e, #1-30 EF
Study for Lesson 21-23 quiz on Friday!
2. Look over lesson 22 examples to study for " equal groups" problem with fractions
4. Divisibility rules and worksheet answers at the bottom
5. IXL ratio word problems
6. More problems on Khan Academy or IXL
ALL DUE ON THURSDAY
1. Freezing Worksheet. Here is the link for Freezing animations
1. Lesson 21-23 Space Race
2. Lesson 21-23 Practice Quiz
3. STUDY, STUDY, STUDY
HOMEWORK: Lesson 21-23 Quiz
We will make ice cream instead! Math Quiz for Lesson 21-23 will be moved to MONDAY! We will finish our "freezing worksheet."
Requirements for 5 points EXTRA CREDIT in math or science:
-email Ms. Molina: email@example.com
-state whether you want extra credit in math or science.
-type up a short statement about what you did or learned (this will be used on the website)
-attach a picture of your experience (this will be used on the website too)
DUE TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 17th
1. Work on class garden blog post
2. See document below to take the quiz, we will review answers in class
3. CORRECTION! HOMEWORK: CH. 2 Lesson 1-2 Quiz (below) Due Friday
1. We will take L16-20 test.
2. We will correct the test in class.
3. Make new L21-26 packet.
Wednesday: Veteran's Day- NO SCHOOL
Warm-up: 10 minutes of any Khan Academy
Homework: Lesson 21 a-d, #1-30 EF Due Friday
Friday: Math and Science
1. Correct lesson 21
2. Homework: Lesson 22 a-f, #1-30 Due Tuesday
Condensation worksheet. Here is the link we used in class today: http://www.middleschoolchemistry.com/multimedia/chapter2/lesson3#condensation_cup
-Warm-up: Lesson 17-18 Quiz
-When you finish with the quiz, start your Lesson 19 page in the packet
-Review the answers to the quiz
-Homework: Lesson 19 a-l, #1-30 EF Due Thursday
-Heat, Temperature, Conduction worksheet. (see the bottom of the post for the worksheet.) We will do this together in class.
-If we have time, we will plant our pineapple in the garden.
-Warm-up: Spend 15 minutes practicing line graphs by using this link: Interpret Line Graphs
-Review Lesson 19 questions
-Lesson 20 page in packet. Turn in packet.
-Make a question with the correct answer from Lesson 19-20 for our space are tomorrow- Due in class
Homework: Lesson 20 a-h, #1-30 EF Due Tuesday
-Do the same warm up as yesterday. More line graph practice! Use link from yesterday.
-Space race for Lesson 19-20
-Make packets for Lesson 21-25
-Homework :Study lesson 16-20 for your test on Tuesday.
-Evaporation worksheet (see the bottom of the post for the worksheet.)
Homework: Finish evaporation worksheet. Due Monday
Sacred Hearts School
239 Dickenson Street
Lahaina, HI 96761
Phone: (808) 661- 4720
Fax: (808) 667- 5363