1. Finish Water Conservation Posters- Due Tuesday (if you haven't finished yet)
2. Start thinking up ideas for your Children's book or Comic Strip on how matter changes (see document below)
HOMEWORK: Finish Water Conservation Poster- Due Tuesday
Leap Year Explained
HOMEWORK: 1.Practice Test 7B and 2. Do 2-5 practice problems from every lesson on the test- Due FRIDAY
You will have Test 7A on Friday.
HOMEWORK: Work on Children's book or comic strip by reading C68-C75 in "Discovery Works" textbook. Each Section needs to be in your book. Book is due Friday, March 11th
Thursday: Going to the MACC
Math: Test 8A, make new packet,
HOMEWORK: Performance Activity 7A and 7B- Due Tuesday
Science: HOMEWORK: Continue working on your book and read C76-77 in "Discovery Works" textbook. Book is due in one week.
1. Water Conservation Poster Official Rules and Water Conservation Entry Form
2. Importance of water- Erin Brockovich Facebook
1. Correct L 38 and KA
HOMEWORK: Lesson 39 a-j #1-30 EF and Khan Academy 'Multiplying Decimals 1' and Multiplying Decimals 2'
Please show your work. Multiplying Decimals Quiz on Friday. Due Friday
Wednesday and Thursday: NO CLASS because 7th graders will be on field trips.
1. Correct L 39 and KA
2. Multiplying Decimals Quiz
3. Turn in math packet
HOMEWORK: Lesson 40 a-h #1-30 Due Tuesday
Finish Water Conservation Posters; NO HOMEWORK
Monday- NO SCHOOL- President's Day
1. Mixed Number's Quiz
HOMEWORK: Lesson 37 a-j, #1-30 EF; IXL adding and subtracting decimal numbers (please show work and answer on a piece of paper); Lesson 37 Quiz on Thursday; Due Thursday
HOMEWORK: Work on 5 minute Chemistry Demonstration
1. Correct and check L37 homework and IXL. Any questions?
2. Adding and subtracting decimals quiz
HOMEWORK: Lesson 38 a-q #1-30; Khan Academy: 'Subtracting decimals 1' and 'Adding decimals 1' (please show work and answer on a piece of paper) Due Tuesday
5 minute chemistry demonstrations
1. Invisible Ink Lab: Direct groups to dip their paper towel in the untouched cabbage juice. Swab the juice over the area where the invisible ink shapes were drawn. The designs will appear, the vinegar design in pink and the window cleaner design in blue!
2. Fill out worksheet from last Monday using this link: Multimedia: pH and Color Change: Middle School Chemistry
3. Finished "Acid and Base lab worksheet" to figure out the "science behind it."
4. If we have time, we will discuss our "5 minute Chemistry Demonstration."
Tuesday: You will be with Mrs. Wurst today.
Wednesday: Ash Wednesday Mass
1. Correct and check L36 and IXL homework
2. Mixed-numbers quiz
3. Correct quiz together as a class
1. Small groups to work on subtracting mixed numbers worksheet.
2.Then come up with a creative and fun way to solve those equations and share as a class.
HOMEWORK: Study for the real "Subtracting Mixed numbers Quiz" on Tuesday
1. Work on '5 minute Chemistry Demos'- must have a demo to do with your group or individually. I will give you next Wednesday class to work on it.
HOMEWORK: Work on your '5 minute chemistry demonstrations." Due next Friday, February 19th