1.Review Quiz we took on Friday; Warm-up: Take notes on the back of todays worksheet on what you learn on this link: Explore Acids and Bases
2. Watch more videos on Acids and Bases: TED-ED: The Strengths and Weaknesses of Acids and Bases and Acid Base Reactions in Solutions: Crash Course Chemistry
3. Read: Kids Science: Acids and Bases
4. Do acid and base worksheet as a class using this link: Multimedia: pH and Color Change: Middle School Chemistry
HOMEWORK: Bring at least 1 oz of fluid to test for Wednesday's lab.
1. Watch Khan Academy "Subtracting Mixed Numbers", then do a practice set
HOMEWORK: Lesson 36 a-j, #1-30; IXL "Add and Subtract mixed numbers; Mixed numbers quiz-Next Tuesday
1. Finish up videos and worksheet
2.Acid and base lab
3. If you finish early: Invisible ink lab scroll down to procedures
HOMEWORK: Finish "Acid and Base worksheet" Due Monday
Thursday: Spirit Day -11am Dismissal
Friday: NO SCHOOL
Monday: Mass-No science class
1. Correct Lesson 34
Homework: Lesson 35 a-o, #1-30, Study for test on Friday (practice test on Thursday) Due Thursday
1. Mystery Powder Lab
2. 10 signs of a chemical change link
Homework: Study for a short quiz on Mystery Powder Lab and last weeks chemical reactions lab on Friday.
1. Correct Lesoon 35
2. Lesson 31-35 practice test (Test 6B)
3. Do 2 problems from each lesson that is on the practice test
Homework: Study for Test 6A on Friday.
Math: Take Test 6A
Science: Review Mystery Powder lab and go over results (use link from Wednesday); Chemical reaction labs quiz and any left over time will be in the garden.
Monday: NO SCHOOL-MARTIN LUTHER KING JR. DAY
1.Correct Lesson 32
2. If you finish Lesson 33 in class, use these links to get more practice:
IXL Compare percents and fractions: Word Problems
Khan Academy: Converting between Fractions and Percents
Homework: Lesson 33 a-j, #1-30 EF-Due Thursday
1. Vinegar and pennies lab
2. Vinegar and baking soda lab
1. Correct Lesson 33
2. If you finish Lesson 34 in class, use these links to get more practice:
IXL: Convert between percents, fractions and decimals
Khan Academy: Converting decimals to percents
Homework: Lesson 34 a-f #1-30 Due Tuesday
Friday: Jog a thon- 11 am dismissal
1. Ted-Ed: The Law of Conservation of Mass
2. Finish "Chemical Change" worksheet.
3. Start "Chemical Change Practice" worksheet.
4. Pop Quiz: Draw molecules and atoms that Ms. Molina put on the white board. Do this on the back of the "Chemical Change Practice" worksheet. Due today.
1. Do "Inv. 3" in your packet. Please turn in packet before you leave class today.
2. Investigation 3- Protractor: page 161- all questions. Due Thursday.
3. Finished early?: IXL-Measuring angles with a protractor.
1. What is a physical and chemical change? Be do this on a separate piece of scratch paper.
2. Chemical and Physical Change Video, Conservation (of Mass): Crash Course kids, and Chemical Changes: Crash Course Kids #19.2
Homework: What's happening in my world with physical and chemical changes?- You will research 10 different physical and chemical changes that you go through on a daily basis. Create a list of physical and chemical changes. AND bring a penny to class. DUE FRIDAY!
Lesson 31 a-h, #1-30 Due Friday
Finished early?: IXL Area of squares and rectangles
Math: Lesson 32 a-h, #1-30 Due Tuesday
Science: Plant seeds to become seedling; NO HOMEWORK
Homework: Lesson 30 a-m #1-30 EF Due Thursday
1. Kid President AWESOME Year Challenge and Why should we have New Years Resolutions?
2. Please see attachment below this post for "Questions to Reflect on in 2015."
3. New Years Resolutions Posters- Due Today
1. Correct Lesson 30
2. Practice Test on Lesson 26-30
3. Go over answers in class
Homework: Study for Lesson 26-30 Test on Friday.
Friday: Math and Science
Lesson 26-30 Test
Article: 4 new elements added to the periodic table
Chapter 6- Chemical Change and worksheet
Sacred Hearts School
239 Dickenson Street
Lahaina, HI 96761
Phone: (808) 661- 4720
Fax: (808) 667- 5363