Monday, April 4th: Science
Day 2 – Brainstorm and Design:
1. Decide on a purpose of your Rube Goldberg Simple Machine Contraption.
2. As a group brainstorm ways to accomplish their purpose in more than 8 steps. This is 4 causes and effects (Example: ball knocks down dominoes is one cause and effect.) They will sketch the design and get it approved by the teacher. Sketch is due on Wednesday, April 6th
Tuesday, April 5th:
Homework: Lesson 43 a-f #1-30 odd and Lesson 44 a-j #1-30 odd- Due Wednesday
Wednesday, April 6th: Science
Day 3 – Experiment
1. Once your sketch is approved by Ms. Molina, you can start the hard work of trial and error Begin experimenting and revising designs.
2. Decided whether you need to bring other from home on Monday.
3. Do you still like your purpose and steps? If not, your homework is to come up with a new plan for Friday.
Thursday, April 7th: Math
1. Pop quiz for L43 and L44
2. Poster for solving unknown #'s with a partner. Make sure it has clear steps.
Homework: Lesson 45 a-k #1-30 odd and Practice test 8A- Due Tuesday.
Friday, April 8th: Science
Day 4 - Experiment and Revise:
1. You will continue to experiment and revise design. Remember that you must set up your contraptions in 10 minutes.
2. If you have finalized your contraption, start drawing your blueprint of contraption. Make sure that it is well- drawn and labeled clearly.
3. Please clean up your area and room 10 minutes before recess. You will not be dismissed until everything is put away properly.