HOMEWORK: 4-3 pg 208 #5-25 odd- Due Wednesday
1. Ultimate Wave link:"Coral Reefs" -page 16-17, "Principles of Surfing"- page 19 and "Ancient Mariners" - pg 21-22
2. Are you ready for Spirit day? Work on math homework, other homework
HOMEWORK: 4-3 pg 209 #27-37 odd #38-47 all- Due Monday
Thursday: Spirit Day- 11 am dismissal
Friday: NO SCHOOL
Warm-up: pg 196 #52,56,60,63,66,67,69
Homework: 4-2 Skills Practice and Practice Due Wednesday
Tuesday: No class
Homework: 4-2 pg 200 #11-37 odd Due Friday; 4-1 4-2 Quiz on Friday
1. NPR: Studying and Surfing The Ocean's Monster Waves
2. Using Science to Surf Better, Science of the Surf Ep 1: Where do Waves Come From, Science of the Surf Ep 2: Waves, Science of the Surf Ep 3: How Tides Work and Wave Simulator
3. Wave Properties Quiz
2. Ultimate Wave: Page 9 -Ocean Waves Student Inquiry Guide (use the diagrams) and page 13- Tahitian Hot spot (Read through page 10-11 first and take notes) This should all be done on a separate piece of paper.
Homework: pg 203 #47-59 all Due Monday
Monday: NO SCHOOL-MLK JR. DAY
1. Quiz on Ocean, currents, waves and tides.
2. Size and shape of waves lab: use page 6 and 7 for help answering the questions
3. Slinky Science Lab- You will have a section where you take notes on observations, information on the paper and any questions that arise. Then you will write a 1 paragraph reflection about what you learned in the lab.
DUE TODAY IN CLASS.
1. Chapter 3 test
HOMEWORK: pg 190-191 #1-20 all and 4.1 pg. 194 #4-11, 13-36, 40-43 Due Monday
1. Discussion: What have we learned about waves? What do we still not quite understand?
2. What is a wave? Powerpoint and worksheet
3. Add to our discussion: What do we know now? How does this relate to labs we have done?
4. If we have time, garden.
HOMEWORK: You will have a Wave Properties Quiz on next Thursday.
Friday: Jog a thon- 11 am dismissal
HOMEWORK : pg 185 #4-24, #30; pg. 186 #1-8; Chapter 3 test-Friday
1. HOMEWORK: Ocean Currents: Read pg 526-531; pg. 530 #1-2 and pg 531 #1-5- Due Thursday
Wednesday: No math class, you will be on a field trip with Ms. Enriquez
1. Ocean Waves and Tides: Read pg. 532-538; pg. 538 #1-5. Due Tuesday
2. Wave lab We will read pg. 2-3 and our lab will be on pg. 4 and 5
HOMEWORK: Study for quiz on readings from Earth Science book on "Ocean Motion" on Tuesday
New Years Resolution Posters
3-8 practice skills worksheet- Due Friday
1.Finish up New Years resolution with videos and reflections
Kid President AWESOME Year Challenge and Why should we have New Years Resolutions?
2.Please see attachment below this post for "Questions to Reflect on in 2015."
3. Demonstration- ocean currents and why the ocean is salty.
4. Ocean Motion pg 520-525
Video on "Where did Earth's Water Come from?"
Our World: Why are Oceans Salty?
Drinking from the sea: how and why sea water is desalinated
5. Section 1 assessment pg 525 #1-5 Due Tuesday
Chapter 3 Study Guide and Review: pg 179-184 #1-53 odd Due Monday