Monday, August 29th:
Warm-up: Create data table for 'Osmosis in an Egg Experiment.' Take observations and do procedures for today
HOMEWORK: In Life Science book, read pages 74-78 on diffusion. Takes notes and then do Section 2 Review #1-5-Due Wednesday; Cell and virus comic- Due Wednesday
Tuesday, August 30th:
Warm-up: Create 3 adding like terms questions with answer key. Have a partner take your test you created.
HOMEWORK: 2.4 page 68 #11-40 all- Due Wednesday
Wednesday, August 31st:
Warm-up: Watch Khan Academy-Diffusion and Osmosis and add to your notes from Monday.
1. Share comic strips and turn them in
2. Check on our egg osmosis, make observations, do procedures for the day.
3. Osmosis Rap and Osmosis Love Story -add more to notes
HOMEWORK: Diffusion and Osmosis Pre-Lab Questions (see below) Due Thursday
1. Define diffusion.
2. Define osmosis
3. What is the main difference between osmosis and diffusion?
4. What does permeable mean?
5. What does selectively permeable mean?
6. Define the words: hypertonic, hypotonic, isotonic. You use drawings and diagrams.
Warm-up: 5 minutes of Khan Academy. (Any math topic that you want to practice)
HOMEWORK: Practice Mid-Chapter Assessment page 70 #1-18 all- Due Thursday; 2.4 Quiz-Thursday, Chapter 2 Midterm-Friday
Thursday, September 1st:
Warm-up: Hypertonic, Isotonic, Hypotonic video
1. Review 'Diffusion and Osmosis Pre Lab Questions'
2. Iodine and Starch Lab
HOMEWORK: Diffusion and Osmosis Quiz-Friday
Warm-up: Study for Quiz
1. Quiz 2.4
HOMEWORK: Mid Chapter 2 Practice Test- Due Friday
Greek and Latin:
Do Unit 5 workbook and Test
HOMEWORK: Unit 6 is assigned for next Thursday.
Friday, September 2nd
Warm-up: Finish up 'Iodine and Starch lab' and finish up 'Osmosis in Egg'
1. Diffusion and Osmosis Quiz (you can use your notes)
IF YOU WERE ABSENT FOR LABS THIS WEEK: Use all the resources on my blog to get an idea of what we did. Then you will write at least 2 paragraph explanations about each lab. Click on the links below to watch the labs through a video:
Osmosis in an Egg
Diffusion in a Baggie
Warm-up: Review Test
Chapter 2 Mid Chapter Test