Before you read any further, please check the date above to make sure you are on the correct blog post.
1. In class, we read pages A16-A19 in the "Discovery Works" book. Please answer questions #1-4 under the "Investigation 2 Wrap Up" on a separate piece of paper.
2. Watch the following youtube video link to learn more about diffusion and osmosis: Diffusion and Osmosis: Khan Academy. This might help you answer some questions below so read the questions below so you will know when to pause the video.
3. Next, you will answer the questions below on a separate piece of paper titled "Pre-Lab Questions for Diffusion in a Baggie Lab." Some of these answers can be found in the "Discovery Works" reading we did in class today and some of the answers you will have to research.
Pre-Lab Questions for Diffusion in a Baggie Lab
1. Define diffusion.
2. Define osmosis
3. What is the main difference between osmosis and diffusion?
4. What does permeable mean?
5. What does selectively permeable mean?
6. Define the words: hypertonic, hypotonic, isotonic. You use drawings and diagrams.
All science homework is due on FRIDAY, AUGUST 28th
Today we took Chapter 1 Midterm. No homework!