Math- Movie for 50 cubes
Science- Count change with 5th grade class
Science- Finish movie; Short Dihybrid Punnet Square quiz- You can use notes on it.
Warm-up: Khan Academy: Dividing positive and negative fractions
Homework: 3.6 pg 134 #1-39 odd and pg 136 #1-19 odd; 3.6 Quiz; DUE TOMORROW
Homework: 3.7 pg 140 #1-41 odd Due Today
-Organizational checks: you will have time to organize your desk, locker, backpack, binder and check your grades.
Greek and Latin
Start unit 10 workbook and make note cards
Warm up: Khan Academy video: Coordinate plane: graphing points
Homework: 3.8 #1-43 odd Due Monday
-Review dihybrid cross quiz. Optional quiz retake to get half the points back.
-Mitosis: The Amazing Cell Process that Uses Division to Multiply!
-Mitosis powerpoint and worksheet
Homework: Be creative with Mitosis!Who can I work with?: Individually or up to a group 3
What am I doing?: You will be creating something that helps you learn/ demonstrate mitosis. It must include all the phases we learned in class. (Interphase, Prophase, Metaphase, Anaphase, Telophase, Cytokinesis)
What can I create?: Song, rap, skit, comic strip, picture, diagram, model, dance, story, movie, ect. You may ask me if you have other ideas!
Due Monday. Be ready to present it in class!
1. 3.4 Quiz
Homework: Mid-Chapter Assessment: pg. 130 #1-28 all Due tomorrow. Mid Chapter test is TOMORROW
1. Punnet Square Test
2. Learn about Dihybrid Crosses
Homework: Spongebob practice dihybrid problems Due next Monday
Mid Chapter Test
HOMEWORK: 3.4 Quiz corrections-DUE tomorrow morning
Mid-chapter 3 Quiz corrections (must put page number in book where the concept is on correction) DUE tomorrow morning
-Practice assembly skit
-Make 'Thankful cards' for staff and family.
-Decorate angel ornaments
Wednesday: 11 am dismissal
-collect iPads for Mr. Hill
No school- Thursday and Friday
Math: 1. Vote for Happy Hearts this month and share watershed flyer.
Science: 1. Work out in the garden. We have lots of work to do.
2. Introduction to x-linked traits
3. Do X-linked worksheet that Ms. Molina gives you. Due today in class. (You can keep it for an example for other worksheet)
4. Please do sex-linked worksheet on a separate piece of paper. DUE Tomorrow
Math: Warm-up: Khan Academy: Integer addition and subtraction
1. Review Quiz
2. Homework: 3.4 pg 122 #1-53 odd Due Wednesday
Science: 1. Create your own x-linked and incomplete dominance word problems with answers. DUE TODAY.
2. Practice for our assembly on Wednesday
3. x-linked and incomplete dominance quiz on Friday
Wednesday: Positive and Negative Integer Shopping Game
Math: Warm-up: Khan Academy "Multiplying and Dividing Negative Numbers"
Homework: 3.5 pg 128 #1-39 odd; Due Friday; 3.4 Quiz on Monday!
Greek and Latin: Correct unit 9 workbook and take unit 9 test
Math: Make bread!
1. learn about codominance review video worksheet: incomplete and codominance worksheet
2. Help decorate an ornament
3. Do spongebob review questions. Due Monday
4. Bigger Punnet Square Quiz on Monday! You can use your notecard on it!
5. EAT BREAD! YUM!
Requirements for 5 points EXTRA CREDIT in math or science:
-email Ms. Molina: firstname.lastname@example.org
-state whether you want extra credit in math or science.
-type up a short statement about what you did or learned (this will be used on the website)
-attach a picture of your experience (this will be used on the website too)
DUE TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 17th
I am expecting your best work! Please google images of other professional brochures and flyers to get an idea of what I am expecting. HAVE FUN WITH IT! (open up the document below for the assignment)
1. Warm up: Khan Academy: "Finding Absolute Values"
2. Homework: 3.2 pg 112 #1-45 odd Due Tuesday (Will have some time in class tomorrow to work on it too)
1. Guest speaker from West Maui Mountains Watershed Partnership.
1. Make some ukulele rules to have better behavior for Shawn.
2. Warm-up: Khan Academy practice: "Adding negative numbers intro" and "adding negative numbers on a number line"
3. Finish homework from yesterday, then do more khan academy.
1. Thank you cards for our guest speaker
2. More punnet square practice: Genetic Practice problems: Do the first 2 problems; Punnet Square Practice Page: Do all 4 problems.
3. Homework: Punnett Square Quiz on Friday!
Wednesday: Veteran's Day- NO SCHOOL
1. Warm-up: pg 116 #1-4 all
2. Homework: 3.3 pg 116 #5-45 odd Due Friday. Quiz 3.1-3.3 on Friday.
Greek and Latin:
1. Correct workbook and take unit 8 test.
1. Quiz 3.1-3.3
2. Study for Punnet square quiz
1. Punnet Square Quiz: <-- click on link. Turn in your paper with your work on it with the number correct on the top.
2. Watch youtube on Incomplete Dominance.
3. Homework: Do Incomplete Dominance Sponge bob problems. Due Monday
-Create a Chapter 2 test question with the answer. Due today in class.
-Homework: pg 100 #1-24 all AND pg 101 #1-10 all Due Wednesday (Chapter 2 Test is on Wednesday)
-We will review heredity terms.
-You can use a notecard of information on the Punnet Square Quiz Tomorrow
-Homework: Spongebob Practice Problems 1- Due Tuesday; Punnet Square Quiz tomorrow
-Chapter 2 Space race game for review.
-Review any questions as a class.
Homework: same as yesterday. Chapter 2 Test is tomorrow.
-Any questions on punnet squares? Did you get your notecard done?
-Punnet Square Quiz
-Practice for assembly tomorrow
-Chapter 2 Test. We will work on the test for about 30 minutes. We will finish this test tomorrow. Please don't discuss the test with others in class. If you finished the test in class today, please make sure you have something to do tomorrow during the test like studying your greek and latin words.
Science: Review Punnet Square Quiz
-Finish up Chapter 2 test. Then we will correct it as a class.
-When you finish with your test, do the following things below:
1. Track weekly goals. Ms. Molina will pass back your goals sheet.
2. Punnet Square Corrections: To do corrections, you need to create a new similar question that you got wrong with an answer as well. This will tell me if you really understand the concept or not. (This might take a lot more time then you think.) You can get up to 1/2 credit back. Please staple your quiz to your new questions for test corrections. Due TOMORROW
3. Study your greek and latin words, other homework, organize your stuff for weekly check
-Then we will do organizational checks
Greek and Latin:
Take Greek and Latin Unit 6 test, correct it.
Homework: Make notecards for Unit 7, workbook for Unit 7, Greek and Latin Unit 7 test next Thursday.
-Warm-up: pg 106 #1-10 all (use your book as a resource)
-Homework: 3.1 pg 106 #11-55 odd Due Monday
-WaterStory Worksheet- Due Today in class. We will have a guest speaker next Monday from West Maui Watershed.
-Go over punnet square quiz as a class
-Homework: Spongebob Practice Problems 2- Due Monday
-If we have time, we will go to the garden.