Monday, May 2nd: Science
1. Momentum Ball Lab
HOMEWORK: Finish 'Momentum Ball Lab' questions for your conclusions. Due Wednesday
Tuesday, May 3rd: Math
1. Lesson 51-53 Quiz
HOMEWORK: Lesson 54 and 55 all letters and odd numbers- Due Thursday
Wednesday, May 4th: Science
1. Momentum Ball Lab Review: Read each groups conclusions
2. Go over momentum practice problems. Please pay attention because you can use your worksheet on the 'Momentum Quiz' on Monday.
HOMEWORK: Momentum Practice Problems - Due Monday; Momentum Quiz-Monday
Thursday, May 5th: Math
1. Correct L54-55
2. Review Quiz
3. Study with a partner.
4. Test 10 A- With a partner
Friday, May 6th: MAY DAY
Monday, April 25- NO SCHOOL
Tuesday, April 26- NO CLASS
Wednesday, April 27th: Science
1. Finish building ping pong catapult and have competition
2. Bill Nye- Momentum and fill out worksheet below
Thursday, April 28th: Math
1. Review test 9B
HOMEWORK: Lesson 51 and 52: all letters and odd numbers - Due Friday
Friday, April 29th
1. Correction Lesson 51 and 52
HOMEWORK: Lesson 53 all letters and odd #'s. Due Tuesday; Lesson 51-53 Quiz-Tuesday
Momentum Ball Lab preparation
HOMEWORK: Bottle Rocket Supplies!
Monday, April 18th: Science
Day 7: Testing day!:
You have 10 minutes to get your contraptions ready.
We will view each contraption as a class. Please have your blueprint in hand. Each group should describe the purpose and contraption path to the class before starting the chain reaction.
3. At 9:10am, the 1st graders will come into view your contraptions. We will break them up into small groups, so be ready to show your contraption more than three times.
Tuesday, April 19th: No class because of Mass
Wednesday, April 20th: Science
1. Clean up Rube Goldberg and return any supplies that are reusable.
2. Introduce 'Ping Pong Catapult Competition' and start building. Competition will be next Wednesday
HOMEWORK: Study for 'Simple Machine Quiz' on Friday
Thursday, April 21st: Math
1. Scholastic Math in the News
2. Correct L47,L48,L49
3. Quiz on L47,L48, L49
HOMEWORK: Lesson 50 all letters, odd numbers and Practice Test 9A
Friday, April 22nd:
1. Correct Test 9A
2. Test 9B
HOMEWORK: Performance Task 9- Due Thursday
1. Simple Machine Quiz
2. Finish catapult
Tuesday, April 12th: Math
1. Vote for the best posters
2. Scholastic Math in the News Question
3. Correct Test 8A
4. Take Test 8B
HOMEWORK: Lesson 46 a-o #1-30 odd- Due Thursday
Wednesday, April 13th: Science
Day 5: Final Practice Run
Thursday, April 14th: Math
1. Correct Lesson 46
2. Review Test 8B
HOMEWORK: Lesson 47 a-g #1-30 odd; Lesson 48 a-h #1-30 odd- Due Friday (You will have about 20 minutes in class to work on it tomorrow.)
Friday, April 15th:
1. Work on Lesson 47 and 48
HOMEWORK: Lesson 49 a-k #1-30 all- Due Tuesday
Day 6: Final fixes!
Monday, April 4th: Science
Day 2 – Brainstorm and Design:
1. Decide on a purpose of your Rube Goldberg Simple Machine Contraption.
2. As a group brainstorm ways to accomplish their purpose in more than 8 steps. This is 4 causes and effects (Example: ball knocks down dominoes is one cause and effect.) They will sketch the design and get it approved by the teacher. Sketch is due on Wednesday, April 6th
Tuesday, April 5th:
Homework: Lesson 43 a-f #1-30 odd and Lesson 44 a-j #1-30 odd- Due Wednesday
Wednesday, April 6th: Science
Day 3 – Experiment
1. Once your sketch is approved by Ms. Molina, you can start the hard work of trial and error Begin experimenting and revising designs.
2. Decided whether you need to bring other from home on Monday.
3. Do you still like your purpose and steps? If not, your homework is to come up with a new plan for Friday.
Thursday, April 7th: Math
1. Pop quiz for L43 and L44
2. Poster for solving unknown #'s with a partner. Make sure it has clear steps.
Homework: Lesson 45 a-k #1-30 odd and Practice test 8A- Due Tuesday.
Friday, April 8th: Science
Day 4 - Experiment and Revise:
1. You will continue to experiment and revise design. Remember that you must set up your contraptions in 10 minutes.
2. If you have finalized your contraption, start drawing your blueprint of contraption. Make sure that it is well- drawn and labeled clearly.
3. Please clean up your area and room 10 minutes before recess. You will not be dismissed until everything is put away properly.