Click the link to view the week outline of your classes. All classes are on this link, so please look for your classes.
Mrs. Dunham's class link:
Mrs. Wurst's class link:
Monday, September 5th: Labor Day- NO SCHOOL
Tuesday, September 6th:
Warm-up: 5 minutes to study for quiz
Lesson 11-14 Quiz
HOMEWORK: Lesson 15 a,b #1-30 Due Thursday; Lesson 11-15 Test- Friday
Warm-up: Last minute questions
Changes in State Test
Work on math homework when you finish your test
Wednesday, September 7th: No class with Ms. Molina
Thursday, September 8th:
HOMEWORK: Lesson 11-15 Practice Test, Study for test- Due Friday
Warm-up: Review 'Changes of State' test
Why does ice float in water? TedEd Video
What is Density? notes
HOMEWORK: Create a density math question with the answer. Due Friday
Friday, September 9th:
Warm-up: Study for test
Lesson 11-15 Test
Warm-up: Switch density questions with a partner and complete the work
One more class example
Go over answers in class
Monday, August 29th:
Warm-up: Review test with a neighbor.
1. Create a store with a partner and pick 2 items you want to sell with a price
2. Create your receipt that Ms. Molina will show you how to make
3. 2 rounds of buying and selling
HOMEWORK: Lesson 11 page 61 a-c #1-30; Due Tuesday
Warm-up: L1-2 Quiz
Tuesday, August 30th:
Warm up: Each group make poster of 'Whole number place values" (page 64)
HOMEWORK: Lesson 12 a-e #1-30 Due Thursday
Warm-up: Condensation question
Thursday, September 1st
Warm-up How old are you if you were born in 1951? 1963? 1988?
HOMEWORK: Lesson 13 page 70 a,b #1-30 Due Friday
Notes on 'Melting'
Friday, September 2nd:
Warm-up: Draw a number line from -20 to 20
HOMEWORK: Lesson 14 page 75 a-l #1-30- Due Tuesday; Lesson 11-14 Quiz- Tuesday
Review day for 'Changes of State Test'
HOMEWORK: Study for 'Changes of State Test' on Tuesday
Monday, August 22: NO SCHOOL
Tuesday, August 23:
Warm-up: Thermometer questions in F and C.
HOMEWORK: Lesson 10 page 52 a-d, #1-30; Due Wednesday
Temperature and Conduction Website videos (doesn't work on iPads.)
HOMEWORK: Finish 'Ch 2 L1: Heat, Temperature and Conduction' worksheet- Due Thursday
Thursday, August 25th:
Lesson 1-10 practice test
Correct in class
Finish early? Make practice question's with an answer key for someone else to do
HOMEWORK: Study for Lesson 1-10 test -FRIDAY
HOMEWORK: Finish 'Evaporation' worksheet- Due Friday; Heat, Temp, Conduction and Evaporation Quiz-FRIDAY
Friday, August 26th
Warm-up: Study for test
Lesson 1-10 test
Review test if we have time
Warm-up: Heat, Temp, Conduction and Evaporation Quiz
HOMEWORK: Finish 'Condensation' worksheet- Due Monday
Monday, August 15
Warm-up: Correct Lesson 7
HOMEWORK: Reteaching Lesson 4-7- Due Tuesday, Quiz 4-7 on Tuesday
Bill Nye-Phases of Matter
Tuesday, August 16th
Warm-up: Study for Quiz 4-7
1. Quiz 4-7
HOMEWORK: Lesson 8 page 44 a-h #1-30- Due Thursday
Warm-up: Quick review for quiz
1. Posters for molecule movement for solid, liquid and gas and hot and cold.
HOMEWORK: Molecule Movement Quiz on Thursday
Thursday, August 18th
Warm-up: Grab a ruler and find the perimeter of your desk
HOMEWORK: lesson 9 page 48 a-g #1-30 Due Tuesday
Warm-up: Study for your quiz
Molecule Movement Quiz
Friday, August 19th: NO SCHOOL
Monday, August 8th:
Warm-up: Page 23 #a-h
HOMEWORK: Lesson 4, page 26- a-i, #1-30 - Due Tuesday; Quiz on Lesson 1-3- Tuesday
Warm-up: brainstorm safe lab practices
1. Review safe lab practices
2. Lab: Water Molecules at different temperatures
HOMEWORK: Finish lab worksheet - Due Tuesday
Tuesday, August 9th
Warm-up: page 28 a-h
HOMEWORK: Lesson 5 page 30 a-h, #1-30 EF- Due Thursday
Warm-up: Review homework
Lab: Liquids in Thermometer- Due in class today
Thursday, August 11th
Warm-up: Page 32 a-h
1. Correct homework and review quiz
HOMEWORK: Lesson 6 page 34 a-h, #1-30 Due Friday
1. Lab: Molecules in Solid- Due in class today
Friday, August 12th
Warm-up: page 36 a-h
HOMEWORK: Lesson 7 page 40 a-h, #1-30 EF- Due Monday; Quiz Lesson 4-7 on Monday
1. Molecules in Gas; demo
Welcome back to school! :)
Tuesday, August 2nd
1. Warm up: Name action game-to be played outside; assign seats and pass out math books
2. Quick math worksheet to warm up brain.
3. Math Placement test
Warm-up: Classroom procedures, website; HOMEWORK: Sign classroom rules and contract- Due Wednesday
1. Start on pendant banners; you may take home for HOMEWORK if you feel you will need more time than given tomorrow.
Wednesday, August 3rd
Warm-up: Continue to work on pendant banners
We will share our banners at the the end of class and turn them in.
Thursday, August 4th
Warm-up: Page 7 a-h; then read examples
HOMEWORK: Lesson 1-page 10 a-f
Lesson 2- page 12 a-h; page 16 a-f, #1-20- Due Friday
Remember that you get full credit for doing your homework, even if you get a few answers wrong. We will have a time to go over tough questions the next day.
Warm-up: Why is it important to follow directions and work together as a group?
Team building cups
Friday, August 5th
Warm up: page 18 a-h (While you are doing your warm up, right on the board the top 2 questions that you would like to go over. If it’s already on the board, put a tally mark by it. We will go over the top 3 questions as a class.)
1. Correct answers for lesson 1 and 2
HOMEWORK: Lesson 3 page 21 a-i, #1-30 and EF- Due Monday
Warm-up: In your head, come up with an estimate for how many drops of water can fit on a penny?
1. Why does matter matter? powerpoint and guided notes
HOMEWORK: States of Matter Conclusion- Due Monday: Write a summary about why water sticks together and how molecules move in each state of matter: solid, liquid and gas. Feel free to include a drawings. Please include the words cohesion and surface tension.
Monday, May 16th: Math
1. Correct Lesson 56, 57
HOMEWORK: Lesson 58 and 59: All letter's and odd numbers- Due Friday
Tuesday, May 17th: Science
1. Finish bottle rockets and blueprints
2. Go over how to collect data and present our rockets. Weigh them
Wednesday, May 18th: 8th grade Graduation Mass
Thursday, May 19th: Science
1. Launch Rockets
HOMEWORK: Finish bottle rocket calculations- Due Friday
Friday, May 20th: Science/Math
1. Assembly for Mrs. Henedricks
2. Bottle Rocket Conclusions
Monday, May 9th: Science
1. 10 minutes to study for your momentum quiz.
2. Momentum quiz. (You can use your 'Momentum Practice Problems' on your quiz.)
3. When you turn in your quiz, please staple your 'Momentum Practice Problems' to the back of your quiz.
Tuesday, May 10th: Saint Damien Mass- No class
Wednesday, May 11th: Science
1. Watch Ted-Ed: Newtons Three Laws and take notes on what Newton's three law's are.
2. Then in your group, you will create a short presentation that clearly explains 'Newton's 3 Laws.' Feel free to use any resources and be creative with your presentation.
3. Newton's 3 laws presentations will be presented today in class. Please take notes on the presentation to turn in.
HOMEWORK: Bring in any supplies for bottle rocket building for Friday.
Thursday, May 12th: Math
1. Test corrections for Test 10A. Please show your work.
HOMEWORK: Lesson 56 and 57 all letters and odd numbers - Due MONDAY.
Friday, May 13th: Science
HOMEWORK: Your rocket and blue print is due on TUESDAY. Your blue print must contain: your rockets name, clearly labeled parts and why you designed them (with a connection to Newton's 3 laws), and must be in color.
Monday, May 2nd: Science
1. Momentum Ball Lab
HOMEWORK: Finish 'Momentum Ball Lab' questions for your conclusions. Due Wednesday
Tuesday, May 3rd: Math
1. Lesson 51-53 Quiz
HOMEWORK: Lesson 54 and 55 all letters and odd numbers- Due Thursday
Wednesday, May 4th: Science
1. Momentum Ball Lab Review: Read each groups conclusions
2. Go over momentum practice problems. Please pay attention because you can use your worksheet on the 'Momentum Quiz' on Monday.
HOMEWORK: Momentum Practice Problems - Due Monday; Momentum Quiz-Monday
Thursday, May 5th: Math
1. Correct L54-55
2. Review Quiz
3. Study with a partner.
4. Test 10 A- With a partner
Friday, May 6th: MAY DAY
Sacred Hearts School
239 Dickenson Street
Lahaina, HI 96761
Phone: (808) 661- 4720
Fax: (808) 667- 5363